I got my first Cricut last January and have been hooked ever since like most of you. I have been on Robyn's website so many times to watch her videos and learn from her I feel like I know her personally. I'm such a geek...anyhow..... This layout is sort of a tribute to everything I have learned over the last year. The recipe follows the pics! Enjoy. Good Luck everyone out there who also is participating. I purposely did not look at anyone else's submissions until I had mine done so I wouldn't get discouraged and boy oh boy Robyn is going to have a hard time.
The competition is for My Pink Stamper's (Robyn's) design team (website: Mypinkstamper.com). The submission has to be original for this contest, use the colors brown, pink, green and one other color. The submission must also give the "recipe".
OK, here's the details:
The green "wallpaper" is from Audrey Imagine Cartridge. I did a full page bleed and cut it in half. I cut each half in half and inked the edges with old olive ink from Stampin Up. That was sort of "happy mistake" caused by cutting the paper the wrong way. After I inked the edged I wished I had made 2 more "panels" to resemble wall paper panels.
The "moulding" was made by coloring white paper with Copics and shading it. The pink striped paper is from a Designer Paper Pack from Stampin Up.
The "floor" was made with one of the Imagine Photo cartridges....argggh...I'll have to go find the name of that one...it's late....I forgot the name.
The picture frames are cut at 5 inches and are from French Manor. The paper is from Lori's Garden.
The armoire was cut at 7 inches and the paper used is from Yummy Imagine Cartridge. The "doorknob" is a brad from Stampin Up.
The windows were cut at 3.2 inches and the paper is from Yummy. The "sky" background is from that same Imagine cartridge...The chair and vanity are from French Manor cut at 4 inches. The mirror is also from French Manor cut at 5 inches and the papers are from Lori's Garden on those.
The journaling sections are from Imagine More cartridge. I changed the layers to be green and brown as necessary. I think the one under the door might have been that color already.
I inked everything up.
Oh, the chandelier is from French Manor cut at 3.5 inches, paper is from Yummy and I added the Swarovski Crystals (great find at Michaels...they are so pretty...used the IRock on that).
Phew...I think that's it....I'm still searching for the right sentiment to put on the bottom and between the furniture on the right side....I thought I might find something in the Sentimentals cartridge but nothing is quite right yet. Hopefully something will pop in my head. TFL!!!
Update 1/5/11: I'm thinking "Classic Elegance" and "Timeless Beauty" on the bottom of each page and the pics will be old family photo black and whites of my Mom and grandmothers, aunts, etc. Maybe I'll work on that tonight.


HOLY SMOKES! This layout is BEAUTIFUL! Looks like it took forever, but well worth it! I am sure it will look even better when you add your pics and journaling. I'm amazed by your creation!!! Great job!
ReplyDeleteKerri
www.caresofkerri.blogspot.com
Gorgeous layout! I love the hidden journaling behind the door.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much for the kind comments!!!
ReplyDeleteWOW!!! I like this a lot --
ReplyDeleteVery Cute! TFS! Come on over to my blog...thebusybug.blogspot.com. I have 2 Cricut Cartridge giveaways going on until Friday! Leave comments for 2 chances to win! Bug Hugs!
ReplyDeleteSo pretty!!! Good Luck!!! -Sam :-)
ReplyDeletep.s. I'm a new blog follower :-)
Good Luck! I hope you check out mine at
ReplyDeletehttp://sweetsassydiva-gspot.blogspot.com
I am enjoying all the variety and creativity! Great way to start the year! So beautiful! can't wait to see it with pictures! wow! TFS!
We are doing a blog hop today for the three Kings day and there will be some yummy blog candy along the way! I hope you can stop by
This layout is AMAZING!! All of the little details are great...really like the molding.! I want Lori's Garden sooo bad :(
ReplyDeleteI was in awe of all the cards you did prior to getting to the awesome one you submitted for the hop. Great job!!!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.dianamlarson.blogspot.com/